Test Code CTCC Circulating Tumor Cells (CTC) for Colorectal Cancer by CellSearch, Blood
Reporting NameCirculating Tumor Cells, Colorectal
Aids in monitoring patients with metastatic colon cancer
Performing LaboratoryMayo Medical Laboratories in Rochester
Specimen TypeWhole blood
Specimen must be shipped immediately to ensure processing can be completed within 96 hours of draw. Send specimen Monday through Friday only and not the day before a holiday. Ship specimen overnight in an Ambient Mailer-Critical Specimens Only (Supply T668).
Container/Tube: CellSave tubes only
Specimen Volume: Two 10-mL tubes
1. Use the Circulating Tumor Cell Collection Kit (Supply T630).
2. Draw whole blood in 2 CellSave preservative 10-mL tubes.
- Draw a minimum of 7.5 mL of whole blood into each tube.
3. Immediately gently invert each tube 8 times.
4. Send specimen on same day of draw.
1. Date and time of draw are required.
2. Stabile at 15 to 30° C for 96 hours. Ship specimen ambient. Do not refrigerate or freeze. Protect from extreme temperatures.
3. Tubes cannot be combined; each tube must contain at least 7.5 mL.
Forms: Pathology/Cytology Request Form (Supply T246) in Special Instructions
Specimen Minimum Volume
Specimen Stability Information
|Whole blood||Ambient||4 days|
An interpretive report will be provided.
Day(s) and Time(s) Performed
Monday through Friday, Sunday
Test ClassificationThis test has been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and is used per manufacturer's instructions. Performance characteristics were verified by Mayo Clinic in a manner consistent with CLIA requirements.
CPT Code Information
86152-Cell enumeration using immunologic selection and identification in fluid specimen (eg, circulating tumor cells in blood)
86153-Cell enumeration using immunologic selection and identification in fluid specimen (eg, circulating tumor cells in blood); physician interpretation and report when required
LOINC Code Information
|Result ID||Reporting Name||LOINC Code|
|50807||Reason for Referral||42349-1|